What’s Different, What’s New, and How to Get It
First published in 2005, the Yoga Toolbox has inspired the practice of countless students and served as an invaluable support for teachers of Yoga.
The focus of the Yoga Toolbox is to present a multi-dimensional approach to the practice of Yoga postures that includes physical health, balance in the subtle body, psycho-emotional integration and spiritual awakening.
This new edition has been completely updated, with refinements in the instructions, new modifications, and a streamlined design.
Our most exciting news is that the Yoga Toolbox has gone digital! You can now access all of the book’s content in videos through the Yoga Toolbox app.
More than 1,000 videos are available:
– Introductory information for each posture, with Sanskrit meaning, essential quality, affirmation asana symbolism, benefits for each kosha and contraindications;
– Instructions for how to perform each posture, with cues that guide the physical alignments as well as the exploration of the more subtle dimensions;
– Modifications and variations for each posture;
– Complete 60-minute Integrative Yoga practices for levels I, II and III;
– Warm-up exercises, including a somatic sequence, sun and moon salutations and more.
The hard copy of the new edition of the Yoga Toolbox is already available on our site.
The digital information will be available for download by March 1st!
How to access the Yoga Toolbox App
To access the Yoga Toolbox app, go to page 1 of the book and get your access code by scratching off the sticker. Then, download the app from the website iytyogatherapy.com and register.
You will also be able to access the videos and a full electronic version of the Yoga Toolbox from your computer, on iytyogatherapy.com, using the same access code from the front cover of your book.
Yoga as a Path of Healing – DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
An in-depth understanding of the benefits of Yoga
With Doctor Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani
Doctor Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani is unique among Yoga masters in India today in that he is one of India’s best-known authorities in the field of Yoga therapy and Yoga research as director of CYTER, the Center of Yoga Therapy for Education and Research of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (housing the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College) in Pondicherry, India. Dr. Ananda is also a lineage holder for one of India’s oldest and mostly respected traditions of Yoga, the Gitananda tradition. Gitananda Yoga is a unique synthesis of ancient wisdom and modern science, following a tradition of eight Yoga masters reaching back into the 19th century. At the same time, Doctor Ananda’s father, Swami Gitananda Giri, a medical doctor, developed one of India’s most in-depth approaches to all of the Hatha and Raja Yoga sciences including asana, pranayama, mudra and meditation which he brought to the West starting in the 1950’s.
Dr. Ananda has authored 19 DVDs and 23 books on Yoga as well as published more than two hundred and fifty papers, compilations and abstracts on Yoga and Yoga research in National and International Journals. In addition, he is a Classical Indian Vocalist, Percussionist, Music Composer and Choreographer of Indian Classical Dance. He is a Member of the National Board for Yoga in the Ministry of AYUSH (ministry of traditional healing methodologies) of the Government of India and Consultant Yoga Expert for the WHO.
In this unique five-day experience, Doctor Ananda will provide a thorough understanding of Yoga as a path of healing, both at physical and subtle levels. This will be accompanied by experiences of the Yoga techniques from the Gitananda tradition presented by Dr. Ananda and some of his leading students to awaken these benefits. The course will be presented in English with translation into Portuguese.
Focus of the course
- Understanding the systems of the body from both the Western and Yoga perspective and how Yoga cultivates optimal health. Specific practices from the Gitananda tradition will be given for each system.
- The special importance of the autonomic nervous system in regulating states of relaxation and how this occurs at a physiological level along with the specific Yoga tools for regulating the nervous system.The special importance of the breath and pranayama for balancing all of the systems of the physical body and purifying the energy channels of the subtle body.
- Understanding how the subtle systems of the body, including the chakras and pranavayus, function as vehicles for health and healing including specific practices from the Gitananda tradition for each subtle system.
- Understanding the essence of spirituality within Yoga and its relationship to health and healing along with specific meditations for awakening the spiritual dimension.
- The importance of sound and music in healing through Indian classical Carnatic vocal music. Doctor Ananda is a master of this art and will present a concert of Carnatic vocal singing.
- The importance of sacred ritual for health, healing and awakening. Doctor Ananda will perform a fire ceremony for the health and healing of the participants.
The program includes
- 6 nights of accommodation
- 3 vegetarian meals daily
- Daily Yoga and meditation practice with Dr. Ananda or his senior students
- Morning and afternoon lecture and practice with Dr. Ananda
- Evening activities with Dr. Ananda, including Indian classical music
- Transportation from the Florianopolis International Airport to Enchanted Mountain
- Tour of the local area and beaches on Sunday the 25th
* No Brazilian visa is needed for US or Canadian citizens
Course fee + Accommodation per person
Triple room – $ 895.00
Double room – $ 995.00
Single room – $1095.00
Students are invited to arrive on Saturday, 24th of October, in order to rest before the program begins on the evening of the 25th. A tour of the beautiful coastal village of Garopaba during the day on Sunday the 25th is included in your package.
$ 100.00 is paid at the time of registration. The balance is paid on your credit card at the retreat site.
Enchanted Mountain Yoga Festival – Friday, October 30th to Monday, November 2nd * date might suffer some changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic
Following Dr. Ananda’s program, there will be a three-day Yoga Festival at Enchanted Mountain during which Dr. Ananda will be the keynote speaker and guest of honor. Dr. Ananda’s presentations will be in English with translation in Portuguese. The other presentations and Yoga classes will be in Portuguese.
Festival fee + accommodation + 3 meals per day per person
Triple room – $395.00
Double room – $495.00
For reservations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org