Yoga Toolbox for Teachers and Students
The focus of the Toolbox is to present a multi-dimensional approach to the practice of Yoga postures that includes physical health, balance in the subtle body, psycho-emotional integration and spiritual awakening.
This new edition has been completely updated, with refinements in the instructions, new modifications, and a streamlined design.
These 100 cards were developed to support your personal Yoga practice and also to assist the Yoga teacher in offering clear and concise instructions and language for the Yoga poses. The Toolbox uses a multidimensional approach to teaching asanas, in which the instructions address all levels of being: physical, energetic, psycho-emotional, intuitive and spiritual.
Each of the Yoga posture cards, organized by category, includes the following:
- Clear instructions encompassing the physical, energetic, psycho-emotional, intuitive and spiritual dimensions.
- The core quality, the main focus and intention of each pose, with an accompanying aﬃrmation.
- Beneﬁts and cautions as well as modiﬁcations and variations.
- The symbolism and mythology, showing the origin and deeper meaning of each asana.
- The systems of the body balanced by each asana organized by order of importance.
- The main elements activated by each asana organized by order of importance.
- The main ayurvedic doshas balanced as well as adjustments for balancing each dosha.
- The principal prana vayus balanced by each asana organized by order of importance.
- The main chakras balanced by each asana organized by order of importance.
- A calming/energizing scale that shows each asana’s calming or energizing eﬀects.
The introductory section to the Yoga Toolbox includes information on the ﬁve koshas, the systems of the body, ayurveda, the chakras, the gunas, the prana vayus, the bandhas and the eight limbs of Yoga. The Toolbox also includes warm-up cards for all areas of the body as well as three complete asana sequences, beginning, intermediate and advanced.
The Yoga Toolbox is now accompanied by over 1.000 videos available for your phone and tablet as an app and also online from our site for your laptop or your desktop. The Yoga Toolbox app is downloaded from iytyogatherapy.com. To access the Yoga Toolbox app, go to page 1 of the book and get your access code by scratching off the scratch code and register at iytyogatherapy.com.
Check out the videos of a sample posture: