Click to read product testimonials.
Beautiful double-sided laminated cards in an organized, sturdy three ring binder - a complete resource of over 100 Yoga poses and sequences. Not just for Yoga teachers, the Toolbox can serve as a comprehensive and useful resource for any practitioner because of the abundance of creative ideas for both personal practice and for use in teaching.
The laminated full color posture cards inside the Toolbox clearly illustrate each pose, along with accompanying modifications and variations. Each laminated card includes directions for a specific posture according to all levels of Being (koshas), including chakras and pranavayus activated and Ayurvedic doshas balanced.
Tools and techniques found inside the Toolbox are:
- Clear illustrations of key poses organized into color-coded groups with complete and detailed instructions. Modifications are outlined for students of differing physical types. Variations are provided for ways to align each part of the body for full enjoyment of the posture.
- A warm-up section laying the foundation for the postures, including seated warm-ups, standing warm-ups, kneeling warm-ups, and a core-strengthening series.
- Class sequences including vinyasa sequences, sun salute variations, and the IYT moon salute.
- Clear descriptions and illustrations of Yoga physiology for each pose, including the koshas, chakras, pranavayus, langhana/brahmana, and Ayurvedic doshas.
- The main benefits and contraindications for each pose.
- Affirmations to integrate the essential qualities of the pose.
- Also included is an introduction and overview of the chakras, the koshas, Ayurveda, the pranavayus, the bandhas, the gunas and langhana/brahmana.
This durable 3 ring vinyl binder easily lies flat for use during practice. The posture cards are on sturdy paper stock and laminated for durability. The 3 ring binder makes it a snap to take out as many cards at a time as you'd like for either your personal practice or to teach a class; the cards can then be easily replaced back into the binder.
The Yoga Teachers' Toolbox has dozens of suggestions for using the posture cards in creative ways for your classes or for your personal practice. Yoga teachers and students alike are invited to use the Toolbox in the way that best supports their journey of transformation of the whole person, which is the essence of Yoga.